Sunday, August 15, 2010

First blog post ever


While working in the lab I received an unexpected message from some transgenic zebrafish. "Hi," they said from under the microscope.  I had discovered that groups of fish embryos can communicate in English. Well... actually, I had just amused myself by arranging them in their petri dish to spell the word and probably spent too long trying to take a picture through the microscope eyepiece with my phone. That kind of thing can be funny to a graduate student. The purpose of this blog is to document things I run into as a grad student, whether they are related to school or not, that tickle my funny bone. Hopefully some of the humor will transfer to those sane people in the world that have not been a graduate student.

No comments:

Post a Comment